Lyme disease is a spirochetal infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. It is caused by a type of bacterium called a spirochete. An infected tick can transmit the spirochetes to the humans and animals it bites. There is some debate to whether other bugs can transmit it, or if it is sexually transmitted. It is however transmitted congenitally. It is a multi systemic inflammatory infection. If left untreated it will travel from your skin, through the bloodstream, joints, organs, and will establish itself in various body tissues, and can cause a number of symptoms incuding neuropsychiatric manifestations.
Knowledgable Lyme and Tick Borne Illness Associations
* Less than 50% of Lyme patients recall a tick bite.
* Less then 50% of Lyme patients get a rash.
* Lyme tests are very unreliable. If you test negative you could still have Lyme Disease.
* 40% of Lyme patients end up with long term symptoms.
* Ticks carry many diseases, not just Lyme Disease.
* Lyme disease is in every state and almost every country.
* Many Lyme patients see more then 10 doctors before getting diagnosed.
Please educate yourself on Lyme Disease by clicking on these following links.
Lyme Disease and other Tick Borne Illness Information
What is Lyme Disease?